Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Roasted Marshmallow Strawberries

I am about to blow your mind.

I was wasting time on Pinterest the other day (which turned out to be the greatest decision of my life) and lookie what I found:


Don't they look fabulous? Of course they do. Cynthia Furey has the full recipe on her blog right here: Fury and the Feast. I have not actually tried her recipe, though it looks fantastic, but I took one look at these babies and made them the easy way... Shh!


Roasted Marshmallow Strawberries
  • A whole bunch of strawberries
  • Jar of marshmallow fluff (usually I think this stuff is kinda gross, but just do it! You will NOT be disappointed!)
  • Long stick or marshmallow roaster/pole/skewer/pitchfork?
  • Fire
  • Butter knife
We fired up the wood stove and made these with the girls last night and it was by far one of the funnest and tastiest snacks to date! This recipe is pretty self-explanatory... Stick your strawberry on your stick. Do this first because it's quite hard to stick it on after you've already covered it in fluff... trust me.

Once your strawberry is firmly attached to the stick, cover it in marshmallow fluff! At first, I was disappointed because my fluff didn't go on all smooth and swirly looking like I envisioned... but after a few trial runs we got it right... The trick is to keep your knife or small spatula moving when you are slathering your berry... kind of like you're icing a cake or cupcake.

After this, you are ready to go. Have your fire blazing and roast these babies! They are so delicious, semi-healthy, and are just plain fun... and EASY! You're welcome

P.S. I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I don't know about all these disclosures and what-not... so... Be careful with tiny people around the fire! Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment