Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Vintage Kids Room

One of my favorite places in the house is the girl's room. It's so bright and cheery!


These pictures were taken awhile ago, but this is my girls vintage room. I was going through pictures and they popped up... Things have changed quite a bit since then... to start with Julie had not arrived, so this is solely Annie's room still! It's a little cozier now, but I'm so excited for bunk beds this year! We're not quite ready to make the leap yet, but I may or may not be more excited about that event than my girls will ever know...

The girl's super sunny room is probably one of my favorite rooms in the house... I knew when we moved in (about 3.5) years ago that I wanted their walls to be lime... This was not quite what I had in mind (I should have known that when the paint color had the word 'electric' in it...), but I absolutely love it now!

Most of the things in the girl's room have been thrifted handmade or passed down... In fact, the only thing that doesn't fit that criteria in these photos is the rug, from Target. The antique washstand was in my room, growing up... The glider is was a yard-sale find. I took the fabric off of the cushions and recovered them... SUPER easy... I'll give a how-to on that in another post... I also have to talk about the lightbulb hanging lamp... Umm, quite possibly my favorite purchase ever. We found it in an antique store in our town and the man gave us an amazing deal on it.

It is so easy to decorate on a budget. You just have to be a little creative sometimes and patient. Slowly add to things and don't try and fill up a room all at once. Since these photos were taken, a few more things have been added, but all are practical, beautiful, and best of all cheap and/or free. I wasn't crazy about the curtains in this room, but I just found some perfect ones at a yard sale for $3! Woot!

Another thing that I love about my girl's room is that it is not incredibly pink or princessy. While both of my girls love their sparkling dresses and girly things, I think this room gives them the freedom to be who they want and encourage them to have fun and love life... at least that's how I feel when I look at it, haha... they could probably care less... Anyway, here's the first of many pictures into glimpses of our 1950's capecod house! Hope you like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment