Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Darling Magazine

Allow me to introduce you to Darling Magazine. I absolutely love it. Just like the cover says, it's all about 'the art of being of woman'. 

Here is their mission: 

How refreshing! I've been exploring their website lately here: Darling Magazine. When you first arrive there, you will see 8 different personas of women listed... including: the intellectual, the stylist, the beautician, the hostess, the dreamer, the confidant, the achiever, and the explorer. There is a ton of things to look at and read on their website, even if you don't end up buying the magazine. Plus, as a huge bonus it's written with a Christian perspective, so it also speaks to my heart as well.

I love that they recognize each woman is different, and you don't need to be every single persona. One of the things holding me back from blogging for awhile was that I felt the need to compete with all of these other 'mom' bloggers out there who seem to have everything. They are perfect hostesses, with big plans and dreams, with perfect mess-free houses, and are gorgeous all the time with a new outfit they are just dying to show off to the world. I think they are all inspiring, but I just felt so intimidated by it all. 

'Well Mama' is my way of stepping out of my comfort zone and finding where this takes me. It's my own journey of womanhood, I suppose. I feel like I'm just now rediscovering who I am, after becoming, 'mom'. For awhile I forgot that I was still me too (if that makes sense...)! All that to say, Darling Magazine is just what I've been looking for. It retails for about $20 an issue (print), but there is a ton of content so it's totally worth it (144 pages). There is also a cheaper $5 edition that is digital, if the print edition is too much.

Here are some more pictures from their latest edition:







0 comments:

Post a Comment